Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a safe and painless test that uses a magnetic field and radio frequency waves to produce detailed pictures of the body's organs and structures. MRI does not use X-Ray radiation. All the MRI machines in Jammu are 0.3 T, 0.5 T or 1.5 Tesla. The MRI scanner at GENNext Diagnostics is best in the industry with 3 Tesla (highest magnet strength) and 48 Channels (maximum receiving power) to ensure best of image quality, advanced applications, fastest speed of scanning, and maximum patient comfort. Our State of the Art 3 Tesla MRI scanner in first in Jammu. Several leading hospitals such as Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Medanta Medicity and Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, use 3.0 Tesla MRI Machines. A 3 Tesla MRI takes ultra high resolution pictures of far superior clarity which help confirm diagnosis and help avoid invasive investigations like angiography. Three Tesla scanner is especially useful for diagnosing the diseases of the brain, spine, and musculoskeletal system and gives results much faster, saving critical minutes in diagnosis, like in a stroke, which renders positive outcomes. Some unique features of 3 T MRI are as follows:
Applications of 3 Tesla MRI:
- MRI brain with advanced neuro (Spectroscopy, DTI, fiber tracking, perfusion, FMRI)
- MRI whole spine
- MRI angiography
- MRI of the joints (knee, shoulder, ankle, elbow, wrist, ankle, foot, hand, finger) with cartilage mapping)
- Whole body MRI: Using an advanced imaging technique called DWIBS MRI can provide similar lesion detection and localization capabilities as PET scans but without the radiation involved in PET imaging. MRI whole body is used for screening, tumor staging, and assessment of treatment response. This technique has tremendous advantages for patients as the entire body can be examined in a single, short and comfortable study.
- Breast MRI imaging: MRI of the breast offers valuable information about many breast conditions that cannot be obtained by other imaging modalities, such as mammography or ultrasound. Our 3 tesla magnet and 18-channel Breast Coil (Only one having in J&K) delivers superior image quality for high-resolution breast imaging with excellent soft tissue differentiation and characterization. Quantitative evaluation and fast data analysis with colorized contrast functionality, dynamic contrast evaluation, and combination maps with Inline technology we provide the most informative breast MRI possible. In addition, we offer techniques to reduce patient anxiety, such as the inbore comfort system and ambient room experience along with parallel imaging for scan times reduction.
- Cardiac MRI
- Abdomen & Pelvis, MRCP
- Prostate MRI With Spectroscopy
- Spine Stress MRI
- Peripheral Angio
- Renal Angio
- Whole Body Angio
How should you prepare and what to expect:
If the exam was order without contrast, no preparation is required. If the test was ordered with contrast by your physician you will be required to receive a contrast injection into a vein in your arm. The technologist may ask if you have asthma or if you have allergies to certain drugs. The contrast material used for an MRI exam is gadolinium which does not contain iodine and is less likely to cause an allergic reaction. You will be asked not to consume food 4 hours prior your exam to avoid complications during the rare event of an anaphylactic contrast reaction. In addition, patients 60 years or older require a blood test for renal (Kidney) functions. It is very important to provide us with relevant previous exams such as CT and/or MRI for our radiologist to compare. You may be asked to wear a gown during the exam or you may be allowed to wear your own clothing if it is loose-fitting and has no metal fasteners. The technologist will provide a secure locker to place all your belongings as no foreign objects are allowed in the MRI suite for your own safety.